Silver Levene LLP are the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 16 Partners based in our London Head Office in Warren Street.
We have always been a niche oriented practice focusing on a number of specific markets in legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
However, we have built a particular reputation in the field of media and entertainment. Media and related clients now account for around 40% of the practice and we are privileged to work with the biggest names in entertainment – Actors, writers, directors, producers, agents.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper with accounting experience to join our expanding organisation. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
What you'll get
Excellent Salary and benefits package
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake bookkeeping, inputting data, for a variety of clients as allocated by the line manager.
- Bookkeeping to final TB.
- Able to calculate and post accruals and prepayments, depreciation and other year end journals.
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise line manager of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
- Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the manager for review.
- Develop and maintain good client relations
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Ensure a high level of service to meet clients’ expectations
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Able to prepare VAT summaries and Return.
- VAT Registration; De-registration etc.
- Able to understand the concept of PAYE for bookkeeping purposes
- Assist The Manager/Partner from time to time to collect information required in reply to HMRC enquiries.
Qualifications and Skills
- AAT qualified or ACCA part qualified
- Minimum 5 years Bookkeeping experience in practice
- Excellent knowledge of Xero, Sage, QuickBooks and VT
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Client focussed
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Organisation/time management
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Experience of working within teams