Silver Levene LLP are the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 20 Partners based in our London Head Office in Warren Street.
We have always been a niche oriented practice focusing on a number of specific markets in media, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors. We have also built a particular reputation in the Accounts department and are looking for someone to join us and this great team.
We are looking for high-calibre Senior Accountant to join our expanding organisation in the Business Services Unit.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to:
- Prepare accounts from clients’ records
- Prepare an accurate working paper file
- Review financial accounts and VAT returns
- Computation of Income Tax, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Respond to all client and Partner telephone requests.
- Undertake any work with a view to profitability and use the opportunity to review WIP and debtors.
- Assist Partners in client meetings, if requested to do so. Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to more junior members.
- Producing work for manager and partner review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified;
- Provide assistance to the accounts team and manager as required.
- Manage your workload to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Candidates will be computer literate
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounts preparation assignments
- Working knowledge – Xero, VT, Sage, CCH Central
Terms and Conditions
Excellent Salary and benefits package