Silver Levene LLP are the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 20 Partners based in our London Head Office in Warren Street.
Silver Levene have always been a niche oriented practice focusing on a number of specific markets in legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
However, we have built a particular reputation in the field of Barristers. Our Specialist Barrister Unit acts for over 1,600 Barristers throughout the UK.
We are looking for a Manager to join our expanding organisation. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
What you'll get
Excellent Salary and benefits package
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering a high quality service to clients
- Dealing with KC’s and other clients
- Answer queries promptly and in a professional manner
- Provide mortgage references/Visa references
- Attending pupillage fairs and any other events
- Management of a team of 16 comprising of trainee accountants, tax assistants, senior accountants and tax seniors
- Oversee team of 9 staff in Mauritius performing back office duties.
- Managing the workflow of the team
- Ensure turnover targets are met
- Review Barrister accounts
- Review Rental accounts
- Review VAT returns
- Oversee the Tax Senior to ensure the tax function is running smoothly
- On occasion, review tax returns
- Oversee HMRC investigations and enquires
- Provide technical advice and guidance to all staff as required
- Assign senior to give support and training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness of team
- Monitor the performance of staff; include giving feedback after file review, noting any training and development needs that have been identified
- Staff appraisals
Qualifications and Skills
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Experience working in a practice environment or similar
- IT experience – Excel, Word, and software packages including Xero and VT
- Experience managing a team
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to Silver Levene in dealings with both clients and staff