Silver Levene have built a particular reputation in the field of media and entertainment. Media and related clients now account for around 40% of the practice and we are privileged to work with some of the biggest names in entertainment – actors, writers, directors, producers, agents.
We also focus on a number of specific markets in legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
We are looking for a Company Secretary Assistant to join our expanding organisation.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining statutory records using Diligent cloud software.
- Preparing board notices of meeting, board minutes and shareholder resolutions for routine matters.
- Assisting with Confirmation Statement preparation and submission.
- Filing of annual accounts and related updates.
- Advising on Companies Act compliance.
- Completing quarterly tasks as directed by the manager with minimal supervision.
- Delegating tasks to more junior members of staff where appropriate.
- Keeping a clear schedule of pending jobs and reporting to the manager on a weekly basis.
- Resolving simple queries and referring more complex issues to more senior members of staff as appropriate.
- Supervising more junior members of staff as appropriate, including checking their work and providing guidance as required.
- Managing own time and that of any junior staff, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed.
- Dealing with certification and notarising of documents.
- Involvement in developing and updating our statutory manual of procedures.
- Dealing with new client take-on procedures including money laundering requirements.
Qualifications and skills
- Ideally Grad CG, holder of a CGI certificate or studying for one of these qualifications
- Preferably graduate equivalent qualification or could be qualified by experience.
- Computer experience – Outlook, Excel, Word and ideally Diligent company secretarial software
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Client focused.
- Commercially aware.
- Team building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
Competitive Salary and benefits package