Silver Levene LLP is the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 18 partners. It is a top 100 firm with offices based in Central London. The firm has been a niche-oriented practice focusing on different sectors such as media, legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property to name a few.
We have always been a niche-oriented practice focusing on a number of specific markets in legal, media, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
However, we have built a particular reputation in the field of Pharmacy. Our Specialist Pharmacy Unit acts for many community Pharmacies and locum pharmacists throughout the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for a bookkeeper/payroll administrator has arisen within our specialist Pharmacy department which acts for community pharmacies and locum pharmacists throughout the UK.
It is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a dynamic department within a larger firm.
The role itself will be a mixture of bookkeeping and payroll and the successful individual will be given a portfolio of clients to work on. Pharmacy specific training will be provided by our experienced team.
What you'll get
- Good salary and benefits package
- Excellent training and opportunity to develop yourself professionally
- Performance linked career progression
- Experienced, supportive and friendly team
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- processing monthly purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- preparation of bank and cash reconciliations
- preparation and online submissions of monthly VAT returns
- ensuring month end balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- monthly working papers preparation
- monthly ledger accounts review
- preparing year end file for accountants
- liaising directly with clients
- Prepare payroll on SAGE/Xero from client information supplied
- Send payslips and all reports and notify client of PAYE/NIC due
- Deal with any PAYE queries raised by client or HMRC
- Process year end submissions deal with Class 1A NICs were applicable
- Set up new payroll schemes when required
- Be able to set up holiday, sickness and maternity pay on payroll software
- Control specific reports from payroll software
- Liaise with Sage/Xero on upgrades and technical support
- Be able to advise clients on SMP, SSP, redundancy pay, season ticket loan, attachment to earnings and other payroll matters
- Working knowledge of RTI process
- Working knowledge of pension auto enrolment processes
- Respond to all client and Partner telephone requests
- Answer all incoming post appropriate to your allocation of clients
- Ability to work well within a team
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Organised, methodical and proactive with an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to meet internal and external reporting deadlines
- Part qualified with experience or qualified by experience
- 2 years’ experience in payroll and bookkeeping
- Experience of SAGE payroll and/or Xero
- Competent skills on Microsoft office applications
- Adherence to budgeted time for jobs through time management
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Good analytical skills