Silver Levene LLP is the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 18 Partners based in our London Head Office in Warren Street.
We have always been a niche-oriented practice focusing on a number of specific markets in legal, media, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
However, we have built a particular reputation in the field of Pharmacy. Our Specialist Pharmacy Unit acts for many community Pharmacies and locum pharmacists throughout the UK.
We are looking for a high-calibre Bookkeeper to join our expanding organisation.
You will take responsibility for the accounting process, being self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
What you'll get
Excellent Salary and benefits package
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to:
- Undertake bookkeeping with excellent knowledge in double entry and the preparation of VAT returns using different VAT schemes.
- Register and de-register clients for VAT.
- Liaise with clients on VAT queries.
- Preparation of management accounts for review.
- Meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents.
- Ensure professional standards are met.
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Active adherence to budget and time management skills.
- Producing work for review, clearly highlighting issues and provide potential solutions to issues identified.
- ACCA Part Qualified or qualified by experience
Understanding of VAT
- Experience in UK practice/ industry
- Experience with owner managed businesses.
- Working knowledge – Sage Line50 and knowledge in Xero is preferable.
- Good communication skills.