Silver Levene LLP are the largest ACCA practice in the UK having grown to over 100 staff and 15 Partners based in our London Head Office in Warren Street.
Silver Levene have built a particular reputation in the field of media and entertainment. Media and related clients now account for around 40% of the practice and we are privileged to work with the biggest names in entertainment – Actors, writers, directors, producers, agents.
We also focus on a number of specific markets in legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
We are looking for a Tax Senior to join our expanding organisation.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your clients’ business.
What you'll get
Excellent Salary and benefits package
Immediate / ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Request information from client and 3rd parties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc) and send reminders as necessary.
- Collate accounts and other relevant information from other departments of Silver Levene LLP.
- Use information to complete tax returns using tax software
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with.
- Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC.
- Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties.
- Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients.
- Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development.
- Ensure all P11D’s and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to the Inland Revenue within set deadlines.
- Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate.
- Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle.
- Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees.
Qualifications and Skills
- ATT qualified, preferably CTA qualified or equivalent
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience
- Able to train junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word, Outlook)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to Silver Levene LLP in dealings with both clients and staff